Waukesha Coin Club
Newsletter VOL.XLVII Oct 2015 #10 www.waukeshacoinclub.com
Our September meeting included a guest from the Boy Scouts. He was visiting to see what a coin club meeting was like and preparing for the Oct 17th Coin Collecting Merit badge clinic. Dick updated us on the Boy Scout Merit Badge Clinic progress and asked for more volunteers and coin reference material. Cathy reported on her progress with setting up our Christmas Dinner at Tuscan Hall. Members shared coins and tokens throughout the evening. We expect more Boy Scouts (possibly 12) to attend our Oct 7 meeting. Boy Scout Clinic (flyer attached).
Our next regular meeting of the Waukesha Coin Club will be held at 7:00 P.M. on Wednesday, Oct 7th, at the Waukesha Salvation Army meeting room located at 445 Madison Street. The Salvation Army is located one block west of the corner of Highway 18 and Madison Street. Enter through the back door and take the elevator to the second floor.
- Bring any extra foreign coins or tokens you may want to give away to the Boy Scouts. One of their requirements is to attend a Coin Club Meeting so they might show up. Also they may need to obtain foreign coins or tokens for their research. Just want to be prepared incase Boy Scouts show-up at the Wednesday meeting.
- Nominating Committee is looking for members to fill the Treasurer and President positions. If you are interested, please contact John W. or Lyal L. Email email@example.com
- WCC Christmas Dinner scheduled for Dec 2nd RSVP with Cathy P. by November meeting. Fee $20/person (I assume it’s the same)
- Food Pantry – For October and November meetings, bring in non-perishable food items to be donated.
- Guests Welcome: If anyone wants to bring new collectors young or old to the meetings, remember that guests are always welcome!
October 4, 2015 – Milwaukee MNS
Milwaukee Numismatic Society’s Annual Coin Show at American Serb Memorial Hall, 5101 W. Oklahoma Ave. Milwaukee. Hours: 9am-4pm, 75 tables, $1 admission. Show Chm. Tom Casper 414-425-5444; firstname.lastname@example.org
October 25, 2015- Green Bay
Nicolet Coin Club’s Fall Show at Comfort Suites – Rock Garden, 1951 Bond Street, Green Bay. Free admission, 40 tables. Show Contact Roger Bohn, Ph. 920-819-7294 or email@example.com
Pot Coin: (1) Silver Pre-1965 Roosevelt Dime VG or better
Trivia Question: Math problem: Which United States legal tender coin presently in production for the United States Annual Mint Sets has the most amount (grams) of Copper (Cu) in it?
Refreshments to be provided by: ?
Door Prizes to be provided by: Randy