Waukesha Coin Club
Newsletter VOL.XLVIII November 2016 #11
President – Randy Raikes
Vice President – Garrett Schumacher
Secretary – Don Kaminski
Treasurer – Mark Melby
Club ANA #: C-1070749
Our October meeting included a presentation and movie on Diving for Sunken Treasure in Key Largo, Mel Fisher by Bob Burlingame. Business included installing our storage cabinet for the club, and Christmas Party planning. December Christmas Dinner will be at Tuscan Hall on Dec 7th, 5:00 pm doors open, appetizers at 5:30, Dinner at 6:00pm. Members and guests will be $20 each. Please RSVP and pay Cathy Poirior by November’s Meeting.
Our November meeting will include a presentation by John W. about Ancient Coins
Next Meeting Agenda Items;
- Christmas Party RSVP and Dinner fee to Cathy Poirior $20 each.
- Salvation Army Bell ringing, Saturday, Nov 26th, 9am-3pm, Sign-up at meeting.
- Our next regular meeting of the Waukesha Coin Club will be held at 7:00 P.M. on Wednesday, November 2nd , at the Waukesha Salvation Army meeting room located at 445 Madison Street. The Salvation Army is located one block west of the corner of Highway 18 and Madison Street. Enter through the back door and take the elevator to the second floor.
- Please bring Non-Perishable Food Items to November’s meeting for donations.
- WCC ringing the Salvation Army Bell, Saturday, November 26th from 9am-3pm
- December Christmas Dinner will be at Tuscan Hall on Dec 7th, Members and guests will be $20 each. Starts at 5:00 pm doors open, appetizers at 5:30, Dinner at 6:00pm Please RSVP and pay Cathy Poirior by November’s Meeting.
Guests Welcome: If anyone wants to bring new collectors young or old to the meetings, remember that guests are always welcome!
Trivia: Beginning of what year was production of all U.S.dollar coins limited to numismatic sales only?
Pot Coin: (1) Native American Dollar 2009 to date.
November 5, 2016 – Kenosha, Kenosha Coin Club Show. Saturday. 9am – 3pm. Kenosha Union Club, 3030 39th Av. Free Adm. and park. Contact: Jerry Binsfeld 262-657-4653
November 6, 2016 – Madison, Madison Fall Coin Show at Sheraton Hotel, 706 John Nolan Drive, Madison. Hours: 9-4 p.m. 50 tables. Contact: John Krueger. 211 E. Main St, Sun Prairie, WI 53590, 608-834-4114, send an e-mail
November 16-19, 2016 – PCDA National Currency and Coin Convention – Rosemont, IL
31st Annual National Currency and Coin Convention. Sponsored by: Professional Currency Dealers Association. Located at: Crowne Plaza Chicago O’Hare. 5440 North River Road. Rosemont, IL 60018. (Hotel Reservations: Call the Crowne Plaza at (877) 337-5793 and ask for the $115 “National Coin and Currency Convention” rate.) . Contact: Kevin Foley. P.O. Box 573. Milwaukee, WI 53201. Ph.: (414) 807-0116 or send an e-mail. Visit the website.
December 4, 2016 – Kenosha, Kenosha Coin Club HOLIDAY Show. 9am-3pm. Kenosha Union Club, 3030 39th Av. Free Adm. and park. Cont: Jerry Binsfeld 262-657-4653.
Next meeting: November 2nd
Refreshments to be provided by:?
Door Prizes to be provided by: Randy Raikes