Waukesha Coin Club Newsletter
VOL.XLIX February 2017 #2
Our January Meeting recapped our Christmas Dinner and end of year club business. We discussed the upcoming Coin Show in March and the activities needed to prepare. A few items were shared including a Roman Denari of Tiberius, a Widow’s Mite and coins from the Kushan Empire.
- Membership Dues are due by Feb meeting: $15 Adult, $7.50 Junior
- Get your Raffles Tickets from Mark Melby. We need to get selling!
- Mark your calendars, Sunday March 12, 2017 is our Waukesha Coin Show.
- Please bring nonperishable food items to next meeting for drop off at Salvation Army
- Our next regular meeting of the Waukesha Coin Club will be held at 7:00 P.M. on Wednesday, February 1st , at the Waukesha Salvation Army meeting room located at 445 Madison Street. The Salvation Army is located one block west of the corner of Highway 18 and Madison Street. Enter through the back door and take the elevator to the second floor.
- Guests Welcome: If anyone wants to bring new collectors young or old to the meetings, remember that guests are always welcom
Trivia: On what date was the first coin struck, bearing the soon-to-be-famous “CC” mint mark?
Pot Coin: (2) rolls of Nickles.
February 19, 2017 – Oshkosh, Wisconsin Coin Expos LLC 34th Annual Coin Show at Oshkosh Convention Center, 2 N. Main St. Oshkosh. Hours: 9am – 4pm. Free Admission. Contact Randy Miller, PO Box 254, Oshkosh, WI 54903. 920-231-6161 fx: 920-231-6122.
February 26, 2017 – Racine, Racine Numismatic Society Annual Coin Show. 9am – 3pm. Roma Lodge, 7130 Spring St. Racine, WI. Free Parking and admission. Contact: Bill Spencer 262-637-7766
March 5, 2017 – Madison – * NOW SHOW * Madison Coin Club’s 84th Anniversary Coin Show, sponsoring NOW 2017 at Sheraton Hotel, 706 John Nolan Drive, Madison. Hours: 9-4 p.m. 50 tables. Contact: Tom Galway PO Box 620421, Middleton WI 53562, phone: 608.238-1722, send an e-mail
March 12, 2017 – New Berlin The Waukesha Coin Club’s 48th annual coin show at the New Berlin Ale House, 16000 W. Cleveland Ave. New Berlin, 9:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M. Admission $1 for adults, children under 12 free. Parking is free. Contact Tom Snyder, chairman, at (262) 542-5990. 40+ dealers.
Refreshments to be provided by: Dave H.
Door Prizes to be provided by: Dave H.