Waukesha Coin Club Newsletter
VOL.XLX March 2018 #3
Our February meeting was to include a presentation by Randy but due to technical difficulties we had to pass. Randy will be ready to present at the next meeting. Dick reviewed the upcoming Boy Scouts Merit Badge clinic on March 3rd. Volunteers should arrive at 8:15am. See details in Announcements below. Tina debued her Collector’s Riddle. Look for future ones in the newsletter. Randy asked for members to report their findings in change and will keep a tally for the year. Expect the March meeting to review our roles and To-Do’s for the up-coming Coin Show March 25th.
Clarification: Those that paid $20 for dues ask Treasurer for refund. Dues are $15
March’s presentation will be “Milwaukee Prosperity Tokens” 2.0- presented by Randy R.
- Boy Scout Merit Badge Clinic, Sat March 3rd, Arrive at 8:15AM, 504 Bluemound Rd, Waukesha, 9am-12, next to Airport Lounge near Waukesha Airport. Bring coin displays, handouts, ref books if you have them.
- Annual dues: Adults $15, Youth $7.50 (Mail to Chuck Payne – 262-844-6004)
- Our next regular meeting of the Waukesha Coin Club will be held at 7:00 P.M. on Wednesday, March 7th , at the Waukesha Salvation Army meeting room located at 445 Madison Street. The Salvation Army is located one block west of the corner of Highway 18 and Madison Street. Enter through the back door and take the elevator to the second floor.
- Mark your calendars for the WCC coin show March 25, 2018
- Guests Welcome: If anyone wants to bring new collectors young or old to the meetings, remember that guests are always welcome!
Trivia: If you want a complete set of the Wisconsin National Park Quarter, how many are there, and what are they?
Pot Coin: (1) Mercury Dime (F) or better.
Collector’s Challenge: I (newsletter editor) would like to challenge my fellow collectors to find and report coins found in change this year. Any coin or token of interest will be listed in the newsletter after reported. The winner will be voted on at end of year.
March 11, 2018 – Madison
Madison Coin Club’s 86th Anniversary Coin Show, sponsoring NOW 2017 at Sheraton Hotel, 706 John Nolan Drive, Madison. Hours: 9-4 p.m. 50 tables. Contact: Tom Galway PO Box 620421, Middleton WI 53562, phone: 608.238-1722,
March 25, 2018 – New Berlin
Waukesha Coin Club’s 49th annual coin show at the New Berlin Ale House, 16000 W. Cleveland Av., New Berlin, WI. Hours: 9am – 4pm. $1.00 admission, Free Parking, Raffle. Contact: Tom Snyder 262-542-5990,
April 8, 2018 – Appleton
Fox Valley Coin Club’s 63rd Annual Spring Coin Show at Darboy Club, N.9695 County Rd. N., Appleton, WI. 40 tables. Contact James Bayer/Jerry Roberts, PO Box 1981, Appleton, WI 54912 54915. Ph: 920-209-4266.
Refreshments: Chuck P.
Door Prizes – Dave H.
WCC 2018 Presentation Schedule:
March – Randy Raikes – Milwaukee Prosperity Tokens.
April – Raffle
May – Tom S. – Mississippi
June – Dick P. – Exonumia
July- Bob B. – Mel Fisher
August – John W. MPC
September – Don K. Auction-Tentative
October – Tina S.
November – OPEN
December – Christmas Dinner – OPEN