Waukesha Coin Club
Newsletter VOL.XLVIII Jan 2016 #1
President – Randy Raikes
Vice President – Garrett Schumacher
Secretary – Don Kaminski
Treasurer – Mark Melby
Club ANA #: C-1070749
Happy New Year! For those of you that missed our Christmas Dinner, we had a wonderful dinner, great service and a friendly bartender. Randy opened the meeting in place of President Mark (unfortunately home with a cold). We recapped the year of events and celebrated the hard work given by those responsible for the Coin Show, the Salvation Army Bell ringing, and the Boy Scout Merit Badge Clinic. Lyal reported from the Nomination Committee the slate of officers for 2016.
We had two students (new members) with their parents attend the party. Members received a door prize and played Lets-Make-A-Deal with the remaining prizes. Dave Hunsicker conducted our annual Christmas party raffle with fabulous prizes. Everyone left Happy with Christmas Cheer! A Special Thanks for Cathy Poirior for organizing our Christmas Party.
Next Meeting Agenda Items;
- Presentation: Civil War Store Cards of Waukesha. By Randy Raikes
- New Officers take Office
- March Coin Show’s Roles and Responsibilities
Our next regular meeting of the Waukesha Coin Club will be held at 7:00 P.M. on Wednesday, Jan 6th, at the Waukesha Salvation Army meeting room located at 445 Madison Street. The Salvation Army is located one block west of the corner of Highway 18 and Madison Street. Enter through the back door and take the elevator to the second floor.
- 2016 dues are due: $15 for adults and $7.50 for students (note increased amount)
- Our dear friend and club member Ken Lampert passed away in December. Service will be scheduled for mid-January
- Bob Korosec of Bob’s Coins in West Allis passed away Dec 19th.
- WCC collected $290 by ringing the Salvation Army bell/kettle on Sat, Nov 28 which is considered a very good collection. (Our records show $240 collected from 2014)
- 2016 raffle tickets are available for pickup & sale. See Tom S. at our monthly meetings.
- Bring School Supplies – For January meeting, school supply items to be donated.
- Guests Welcome: If anyone wants to bring new collectors young or old to the meetings, remember that guests are always welcome!
Trivia: What was the first authorized U.S. Coin to depict an actual U.S. President?
Pot Coin: (1) 90%-or more, Silver dollar coin (includes commemoratives)
February 21, 2016 – Oshkosh
Wisconsin Coin Expos LLC 33rd Annual Coin Show at Oshkosh Convention Center, 2 N. Main St. Oshkosh. Hours: 9am – 4pm. Free Admission. Contact Randy Miller, PO Box 254, Oshkosh, WI 54903. ph: 920-231-6161, fax: 920-231-6122.
February 28, 2016 – Racine Racine
Numismatic Society Annual Coin Show. Roma Lodge, 7130 Spring Street, Racine. Hours 9:00 – 3:30. 50 dealers. Free parking. Free Admission. Show contact: Bill Spencer 262-637-7766.
March 13, 2016 – New Berlin
Waukesha Coin Club’s 47th annual Waukesha Coin Show. Held at New Berlin Ale House, 16000 W. Cleveland Av., New Berlin, WI. 9am to 4pm. 35+ dealers, attendance prizes every half hour, exhibits, raffle, and plenty of free parking.
Next meeting: January
Refreshments to be provided by: Nathan- January
Door Prizes to be provided by: Dave H – January