Waukesha Coin Club Newsletter
VOL.XLIX Novmber 2017 #11
Our October meeting included a presentation from Jack Drake on tokens and his collection. Members shared exhibits including uncut banknotes from Tom. We also discussed our December 6th Christmas dinner. Christmas Dinner will be at Tuscan Hall on Dec 6th, 5:00 pm doors open, appetizers at 5:30, Dinner at 6:00pm. Cathy Poirior is taking RSVPs and money ($20) until Nov 15. (see announcements for more details)
Our annual Salvation Army Bell Ringing volunteer day is Saturday, Nov 25th, 9am-3pm. At the Pic-n-Sav in The Shoppes at Fox River (Sunset Dr. and Oakdale Ave). Sign-up at the November meeting.
Nominations for next year’s officers are open. We are still seeking a candidate for Treasurer. If you are interested in filling one of these positions, please see Randy or Mark.
- Please bring Nonperishable Food Items to November meeting for donation to the Salvation Army.
- Christmas Dinner will be at Tuscan Hall on Dec 6th, 5:00 pm doors open, Please RSVP and pay $20 to Cathy Poirior by November’s Meeting. Call Cathy for mailing address.
- Our next regular meeting of the Waukesha Coin Club will be held at 7:00 P.M. on Wednesday, November 1st , at the Waukesha Salvation Army meeting room located at 445 Madison Street. The Salvation Army is located one block west of the corner of Highway 18 and Madison Street. Enter through the back door and take the elevator to the second floor.
- Mark your calendars for the WCC coin show March 25, 2018
- Guests Welcome: If anyone wants to bring new collectors young or old to the meetings, remember that guests are always welcome!
Trivia: What is the name of the statue found in Waupun WI. designed by buffalo nickel designer James Earle Fraser?
Pot Coin: (1) War time Nickel 1942-1945 VF or better.
October 29, 2017– Kohler
Sheboygan Coin Club’s fall show. Coins only. The Village at 170, 170 Range Line Rd. Kohler, WI 53044. 9am – 3:30pm. Free Admission. Contact: Ed Rautmann, PO Box 907, Sheboygan, WI 53081. 920-893-5864. email@example.com
October 29, 2017 – Elgin, IL
Elgin Coin Club’s Annual Coin Show at Holiday Inn, 495 Airport Rd. Elgin IL. 60123. (1st light North of I-90 on Rt 31) 8am – 3pm, Admission: Free, Parking Free. Food on sight, Door prizes and raffle. (847) 488-9000 firstname.lastname@example.org
October 29, 2017 – Madison
Madison Fall Coin Show at Sheraton Hotel, 706 John Nolan Drive, Madison. Hours: 9-4 p.m. 50 tables. Contact: John Krueger. 211 E. Main St, Sun Prairie, WI 53590, 608-834-4114, email@example.com
November 4, 2017 – Kenosha
Kenosha Coin Club’s 59th annual show. Kenosha Union Club, 3030 39th Av., Kenosha 9am – 3-pm, Free parking, Free admission
November 5, 2017 – Green Bay Nicolet Coin Club’s fall show. Stadium View Bar and Grill, 1963 Holmgren Way, Green Bay, WI 54304. 50 tables, Free Admission and Parking. 9am – 3pm. Contact: Roger Bohn 920-819-7294 Send an e-mail.
Refreshments to be provided by: Randy R.
Door Prizes – Dave H.
WCC Presentation Schedule:
November – Dick Plopper & Randy Raikes – Civil War Currency