Waukesha Coin Club Newsletter
VOL.XLIX March 2017 #3
Our February Meeting discussed the upcoming Coin Show in March and the activities needed to prepare. (See attached roles and Responsibility Sheet) Doors open for setup at 6AM, show starts at 9AM. Four tables are still available for the coin show.
Exhibits included: $15 and $10 Year of the Rooster silver coins. An ancient coin and discussed coin cleaning of ancient coins. Foreign paper money binder. a revolution Bicentennial token. A Mississippi river note from Anoka MN. Only 3 notes are known from this bank.
Boy Scout merit badge meeting is tentatively scheduled for 10/14/2017.
- Membership Dues are due: $15 Adult, $7.50 Junior
- Get your Raffles Tickets from Mark Melby. We need to get selling!
- Mark your calendars, Sunday March 12, 2017 is our Waukesha Coin Show.
- Our next regular meeting of the Waukesha Coin Club will be held at 7:00 P.M. on Wednesday, March 1st , at the Waukesha Salvation Army meeting room located at 445 Madison Street. The Salvation Army is located one block west of the corner of Highway 18 and Madison Street. Enter through the back door and take the elevator to the second floor.
- Guests Welcome: If anyone wants to bring new collectors young or old to the meetings, remember that guests are always welcome.
Trivia: What was the first coin struck at the Carson City Mint?
Pot Coin: (2) Susan B Anthony dollars (VF) or better
February 26, 2017 – Racine, Racine Numismatic Society Annual Coin Show. 9am – 3pm. Roma Lodge, 7130 Spring St. Racine, WI. Free Parking and admission. Contact: Bill Spencer 262-637-7766
March 5, 2017 – Madison – * NOW SHOW * Madison Coin Club’s 84th Anniversary Coin Show, sponsoring NOW 2017 at Sheraton Hotel, 706 John Nolan Drive, Madison. Hours: 9-4 p.m. 50 tables. Contact: Tom Galway PO Box 620421, Middleton WI 53562, phone: 608.238-1722, send an e-mail
March 12, 2017 – New Berlin The Waukesha Coin Club’s 48th annual coin show at the New Berlin Ale House, 16000 W. Cleveland Ave. New Berlin, 9:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M. Admission $1 for adults, children under 12 free. Parking is free. Contact Tom Snyder, chairman, at (262) 542-5990. 40+ dealers.
Refreshments to be provided by: Ellison
Door Prizes to be provided by: Dick P