Waukesha Coin Club Newsletter
VOL.LI May 2019 #5
ANA # C-1070749
Our April meeting included reports from the Coin Show committee. Feedback was positive from the dealers and overall acceptance of next year’s show date which is a week later, March 15th.
Mark received an invitation to the Salvation Army Red Kettle thank you dinner on behalf of the club. He received a nice thank you letter and certificate for the club stating that we had raised $336.00 for the Salvation Army. Mark also said that he will have 2020 Red Books available for members to purchase at our May meeting. Exhibits included: an Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Five Ounce Proof Silver Coin, a 10 pence coin from Great Britain that John received in change after making a purchase at a gift shop while on a trip to the Everglades.
Our April meeting included our annual Raffle. A total of 1,702 raffle tickets were sold this year – a new record! – we sold enough to give out sixty prizes including one gold coin, three silver eagles and one $50 bill. Our top ticket sellers this year were Don K. and Mark M.
Next Meeting: Wed, May 1st @ 7PM
Refreshments – Dick P
Door Prizes – Tina S
- Our next regular meeting of the Waukesha Coin Club will be held at 7:00 P.M. on Wednesday, May 1st , at the Waukesha Salvation Army meeting room located at 445 Madison Street. The Salvation Army is located one block west of the corner of Highway 18 and Madison Street. Enter through the back door and take the elevator to the second floor.
- RAFFLE NIGHT! Buy tickets at the meeting.
- Annual Dues!!! – Please pay your annual dues at the next meeting: $15 for member, $7.50 junior member (<18 yrs).
- Guests Welcome: If anyone wants to bring new collectors young or old to the meetings, remember that guests are always welcome!
Trivia: What is the edge lettering on the 1836 Half Dollar prior to switching to a reeded edge?
Pot Coin: Two Kennedy Half Dollars dated 1970 and after.
April 24-27, 2019 – Schaumburg, IL (Central States)
Central States Numismatic Society 80th annual convention. Renaissance Schaumburg Hotel and Convention Center. 1551 N. Thoreau Dr. Schaumburg, IL 60173. Convention Chairman: Kevin Foley, Kevinsfoley. email@example.com. Bourse Chair: Patricia Foley, firstname.lastname@example.org
April 28, 2019 – Green Bay *NOW SHOW*
Nicolet Coin Club’s spring show. Stadium View Bar and Grill, 1963 Holmgren Way, Green Bay, WI 54304. 50 tables, Free Admission and Parking. 9am – 3pm. Contact: Roger Bohn 920-819-7294 email@example.com
Collector’s Challenge: A Challenge to report coins found in change this year. Any coin or token of interest will be listed in the newsletter after reported.
- 1 Peso 1979 Mexico – Coin Star – Glenn J
- 2000 10 centavos from Ecuador – Coin Star – Glenn J
- Silver Quarter 1962-D – in change – Glenn J.
- 1953-D Lincoln, Coin star, Mark M.
- 1 cent Euro from Spain, Coin Star, Mark M.
- $1 Silver Cert series 1953 G, Arby’s, Mark M
- 1946 Dime (F), Coin star, Glenn J.
- 1964 Quarter (F), Coin Star, Glenn J.
- 1984 Canadian cent, Sentry, Mark M.
- 1956-D Lincoln Cent,Metro Market, Mark M.
- 1957-D Lincoln Cent (XF-AU), Dairy Queen, Mark M.
- 2013 2 kune coin from Croatia,in Change, Bob B.
- 2006 $1 Mexican coin, Coinstar. Glenn G
- 2006 $1 Mexican Coin, Coinstar, Glenn G.
- 2015 $1 Mexican Coin, Coinstar, Glenn G.
- 2016 $1 Mexican Coin, Coinstar, Glenn G.
- 10 pence – in change buying token souvenir, John W.
- 1949-D Cent (F) – in change, CVS, Glenn G.
Call for Presentations!!! – We would like to set our calendar for the year with some presentation by our members. Pick a month and reserve your spot.
April – Raffle
May – MPC – John W.
June – Open
July – Open
August – Open
Sept – Auction (TBD) Don & Randy
Oct – “Sailing Into History” – Tina S.
Nov – Open
Dec – Christmas Dinner