Waukesha Coin Club
Newsletter VOL.XLVII Oct 2015 #10
Our October meeting included 6 boy scouts and their parents. We welcomed them and discussed the upcoming Coin Collecting Merit Badge Clinic. Members showed some collectibles including Boy Scout and Girl Scout tokens. We wished Lyal and his wife a happy 60th anniversary.
Club business included;
- Nomination Committee presented the slate of candidates for next year’s officers: Randy R. (President), Mark M. (Treasurer), Scott W. (secretary), Garrett S.(Vice President)
- Cathy P. reported the Tuscan Hall will host our Christmas party for $20.00 per person. They will provide 3 entrees served family style with Hors d’oeuvres and dessert. Get money to Cathy at the November meeting.
- Board of Govenor’s reported:
- Dues will increase to $15.00 per member next year. $7.50 for student.
- Events Coordinator created. Pam T. volunteered
- Scott will judge & award “best of show” at Coin Show (e.g Silver Eagle)
Coin Show will be $1.00 admission.
- A door prize ticket will be given to each paid member attending the Christmas party. They will turn in the ticket to collect a door prize.
Our next regular meeting of the Waukesha Coin Club will be held at 7:00 P.M. on Wednesday, Nov 4th, at the Waukesha Salvation Army meeting room located at 445 Madison Street. The Salvation Army is located one block west of the corner of Highway 18 and Madison Street. Enter through the back door and take the elevator to the second floor.
- WCC ringing of the Salvation Army Bell will be Nov 28th (Sat) at the Pic-n-Save on Silvernail Rd & Hwy T. , 9am-3pm. Signup sheet will be available at Nov meeting.
- WCC Christmas Dinner scheduled for Dec 2nd RSVP with Cathy P. by November meeting. Fee $20/person
- Food Pantry – For November meeting, bring in non-perishable food items to be donated.
- Guests Welcome: If anyone wants to bring new collectors young or old to the meetings, remember that guests are always welcome!
November 19-21, 2015 – Chicago
30th Annual National Coin and Currency Convention. Sponsored by: Professional Currency Dealers Association. Located at: Crowne Plaza Chicago O’Hare. 5440 North River Road. Rosemont, IL 60018. Thur, November 19: 1-6PM (Professional Preview/Early Birds – $75 Registration Fee); Fri, November 20: 10AM-6PM; Saturday, November 21: 10AM-6PM;
Sunday, November 22 9am-4:30pm. Admission: $5 for three day pass. Contact: Kevin Foley. P.O. Box 573. Milwaukee, WI 53201. Phone: (414) 807-0116. email@example.com http://www.numismatistsofwisconsin.com/www.pcdaonline.com
Pot Coin: (1) Barber Dime, grade F or better.
Trivia Question: What branch of Numismatics are elongated coins considered a part of?
Refreshments to be provided by: Randy
Door Prizes to be provided by: Randy