Waukesha Coin Club Newsletter
VOL.LI Nov 2019 #11
ANA # C-1070749
In our October meeting, we discussed candidates for next year’s Officers. See Chuck if you are interested. All positions are open. We need a Treasurer. Duties include collecting checks at meetings, depositing in bank, and reporting account balance/activity at each meeting (easy stuff). We discussed this year’s auction to be held at our November meeting. Members who have items they’d like to auction off, can send item descriptions and minimum bids to Randy (by Nov 1) for inclusion in the Auction List. Remember to bring cash to the meeting to pay for any items they successfully bid on. The Christmas dinner will be held Wed, Dec 4th. at the Tuscan Hall. Dinner choices are: Steak & Chicken or Steak & Salmon. RSVP with Randy (or Glenn) by Nov 15 latest. $20 per person. Pay at Nov 6 meeting or send check to Randy (414-550-9601)
Exhibits included: A complete set of Canadian silver $5 and $10 coins issued by the RCM to help finance and commemorate the 1976 Summer Olympics held in Montreal. Fourteen of each denomination were issued from 1973 through 1976. Two counterfeit 1916 Standing Liberty quarters and a counterfeit 1839 Seated Liberty dollar. The coins were purchased for $2 each from the website wish.com which features “fabulous fakes.” It was noted that none of the coins had a “copy” marking. Tokens from Chi-Chi’s, House on the Rock, and Noah’s Ark.
Motions: It was announced that the club’s old projector was officially dead! A motion for the club to purchase a new projector was made. Randy and Chuck will work together to find us a suitable new projector.
WCC auction: November 6th. Submit (6 word) descriptions of your items to Randy Raikes firstname.lastname@example.org by Nov 1st. with or without min bid. (WCC members only)
Next Meeting: Wed, Nov 6 @ 7PM
Refreshments – Frank
Door Prizes – None
- Bring Food Donations to the November meeting for the Salvation Army.
- WCC auction, November 6th. Submit (6 word) descriptions of your items to Randy or Don by Nov 1st. with min bid. (WCC members only)
- Christmas dinner will be held Wed, Dec 4th. 5:30pm Appetizers, 6pm dinner at the Tuscan Hall. Dinner choices are: Steak & Chicken or Steak & Salmon. RSVP with Randy by Nov 15 latest. $20 per person. Pay at Nov 6 meeting.
- Our next regular meeting of the Waukesha Coin Club will be held at 7:00 P.M. on Wednesday, Nov 6 , at the Waukesha Salvation Army meeting room located at 445 Madison Street. The Salvation Army is located one block west of the corner of Highway 18 and Madison Street. Enter through the back door and take the elevator to the second floor.
- Guests Welcome: If anyone wants to bring new collectors young or old to the meetings, remember that guests are always welcome!
Trivia: postponed until January
Pot Coin: postponed until January
Coin Shows: none until February
Call for Presentations!!! – We would like to set our calendar for the year with some presentation by our members. Pick a month and reserve your spot.
Nov – Auction – Don & Randy, Submittal deadline Nov 1
Dec – Christmas Dinner Dec 4 – 5 doors open, dinner at 6pm
Jan – Open