Waukesha Coin Club Newsletter
VOL.XLX January 2018 #1
Our December meeting / Christmas Dinner was very festive. Please welcome Chuck as President, Tina as Secretary and Steve as Treasurer. Glenn is returning as Vice president. A big thanks to Randy, Mark and Don for the past 2 years of service.
Our Christmas Dinner included a presentation on MPC’s by John Watta, the opening of door prizes, which included 3 gold pieces and silver coins. Dave ended the night with his annual raffle. A special thanks goes out to Cathy Poirior for arranging our dinner at the Tuscan Hall despite many obstacles she encountered.
This year we are scheduling our monthly meeting topics and presentations by members. If you want to present please sign up. It’s a great way to give back to the club while experiencing a personal achievement in research and presentation skills.
Annual dues are to be paid this month: Adults $15, Youth $7.50
- Please donate School Supplies to the Salvation Army at Wednesday’s meeting
- Our next regular meeting of the Waukesha Coin Club will be held at 7:00 P.M. on Wednesday, January 3rd , at the Waukesha Salvation Army meeting room located at 445 Madison Street. The Salvation Army is located one block west of the corner of Highway 18 and Madison Street. Enter through the back door and take the elevator to the second floor.
- Mark your calendars for the WCC coin show March 25, 2018
- Boy Scout’s Merit Badge Seminar is scheduled for March 3rd, 2018.
- Guests Welcome: If anyone wants to bring new collectors young or old to the meetings, remember that guests are always welcome!
Trivia: What was the first Commemorative Fifty Cent Piece to feature “In GOD We Trust”?
Pot Coin: (1) 40% Clad Silver Kennedy Half-dollar (1965-70) VF or better
February 11, 2018 – Manitowoc
Manitowoc Show at the City Limits. 3627 Hwy CR. Manitowoc, WI 54220. 9am – 3pm. Free Admission. Contact: Al Hrudka, 920-775-4979
February 18, 2018 – Oshkosh
Wisconsin Coin Expos LLC 35th Annual Coin Show at Oshkosh Convention Center, 2 N. Main St. Oshkosh. Hours: 9am – 4pm. Free Admission. Contact Randy Miller, PO Box 254, Oshkosh, WI 54903. 920-231-6161 fx: 920-231-6122.
February 25, 2018 – Racine
Racine Numismatic Society Coin Show, Roma Lodge, 7130 Spring St. (hwy C), Mt. Pleasant, WI 53406. 9am – 3pm, Raffle, Free parking and
Free admission. Contact, Bill Spencer 262-637-7766
Refreshments Dick P.
Door Prizes – Randy R
WCC 2018 Presentation Schedule:
January – John Watta
February – Tom S.
March – Randy Raikes – Milwaukee Prosperity Tokens
April – Raffle
May – Bob B. – Mel Fisher
June – Dick P. – Exonumia
August – OPEN
September – OPEN
October – Tina S.
November – OPEN
December – Christmas Dinner – OPEN