Waukesha Coin Club Newsletter
VOL.XLX February 2018 #2
Our January meeting was lead by our new officers. The night’s presentation was given by John Watta with his preview of the MPC presentation to be given at this year’s MPC Fest. Exhibits included foreign coins, medals and tokens from various members. We enjoyed a lively discussion on Bitcoins and crypto-currencies.
February’s presentation will be “Milwaukee Prosperity Tokens” presented by Randy R.
Annual dues are to be paid this month: Adults $15, Youth $7.50
- Annual dues are to be paid this month: Adults $15, Youth $7.50
- Please donate non-perishable Foods to the Salvation Army at Wednesday’s meeting
- Our next regular meeting of the Waukesha Coin Club will be held at 7:00 P.M. on Wednesday, February 7th , at the Waukesha Salvation Army meeting room located at 445 Madison Street. The Salvation Army is located one block west of the corner of Highway 18 and Madison Street. Enter through the back door and take the elevator to the second floor.
- Mark your calendars for the WCC coin show March 25, 2018
- Boy Scout’s Merit Badge Seminar is scheduled for March 3rd, 2018.
- Guests Welcome: If anyone wants to bring new collectors young or old to the meetings, remember that guests are always welcome!
Trivia: What was the first Commemorative Coin struck at the Denver Mint?
Pot Coin: (1) Native American Golden Dollar, AU or better.
Collector’s Riddle: “Is an older one-hundred dollar bill worth more than a newer one?” (the first ten people to give Tina the right answer to the riddle will get a small prize. Bonus prize if they give Tina the right reason – i.e. the punny one that goes with the riddle!)
Collector’s Challenge: I (newsletter editor) would like to challenge my fellow collectors to find and report coins found in change this year. Any coin or token of interest will be listed in the newsletter after reported. The winner will be voted on at end of year.
February 11, 2018 – Manitowoc
Manitowoc Show at the City Limits. 3627 Hwy CR. Manitowoc, WI 54220. 9am – 3pm. Free Admission. Contact: Al Hrudka, 920-775-4979
February 18, 2018 – Oshkosh
Wisconsin Coin Expos LLC 35th Annual Coin Show at Oshkosh Convention Center, 2 N. Main St. Oshkosh. Hours: 9am – 4pm. Free Admission. Contact Randy Miller, PO Box 254, Oshkosh, WI 54903. 920-231-6161 fx: 920-231-6122.
February 25, 2018 – Racine
Racine Numismatic Society Coin Show, Roma Lodge, 7130 Spring St. (hwy C), Mt. Pleasant, WI 53406. 9am – 3pm, Raffle, Free parking and
Free admission. Contact, Bill Spencer 262-637-7766
Refreshments Dave H ???
Door Prizes – John W.
WCC 2018 Presentation Schedule:
January – John Watta
February – Randy Raikes – Milwaukee Prosperity Tokens.
March – Tom S. – Mississippi
April – Raffle
May – Bob B. – Mel Fisher
June – Dick P. – Exonumia
August – John W. MPC
September – Don K. Auction-Tentative
October – Tina S.
November – OPEN
December – Christmas Dinner – OPEN