Waukesha Coin Club Newsletter
VOL.LI Feb 2019 #2
ANA # C-1070749
Our January meeting included the return of President Chuck. Chuck said he is back as club president for at least the next five months due to a change in his class schedule. John reported that New Orleans issued new street car tokens, and their transit authority is selling them by the roll to collectors. Chuck read an article about a coin dealer, Rust Rare Coins, from Salt Lake City who had just been busted for running a Ponzi scheme that defrauded 430 people out of over $200 million by selling investments in silver that did not exist. A member reported a series of coins commemorating the 50th Anniversary of the Apollo 11 moon landing issued by the U.S. Mint will go on sale starting in January.
Exhibits for the night included: a $100 trillion dollar Zimbabwe inflation note, a token good for one bottle of beer from a bar in Jefferson Junction, 1902 banknote from Seymour, Wisconsin.
Between meetings: Tom S. confirmed only one table left for the coin show. New Layout to be drafted and sent to Randy. Randy emailed Sheriff about security and asked New Berlin Ale House about number of tables for show.
Jack Draak is selling his Coin Show Case for $40. If interested contact him or Randy has phone number.
Next Meeting: Wed, Feb 6th @ 7PM
Refreshments – Chuck
Door Prizes – John
- Our next regular meeting of the Waukesha Coin Club will be held at 7:00 P.M. on Wednesday, Feb 6th , at the Waukesha Salvation Army meeting room located at 445 Madison Street. The Salvation Army is located one block west of the corner of Highway 18 and Madison Street. Enter through the back door and take the elevator to the second floor.
- Annual Dues!!! – Please pay your annual dues at the next meeting: $15 for member, $7.50 junior member (<18 yrs).
- Bring non-Perishable food items to the Salvation Army for February.
- Guests Welcome: If anyone wants to bring new collectors young or old to the meetings, remember that guests are always welcome!
Trivia: What is the First Series (Large) and the last series (small) of the $2 Bill?
Pot Coin: A single US $2 Bill
February 10, 2019 – Manitowoc
Manitowoc Show at the City Limits. 3627 Hwy CR. Manitowoc, WI 54220.
9a – 3p. Free Admission. Contact: Al Hrudka, 920-775-4979
February 17, 2019 – Oshkosh
Wisconsin Coin Expos LLC 36th Annual Coin Show at Oshkosh Convention Center, 2 N. Main St. Oshkosh. Hours: 9am – 4pm. Free Admission. Contact Randy Miller, PO Box 254, Oshkosh, WI 54903. 920-231-6161.
February 24, 2019 – Racine
Racine Numismatic Society Coin Show, Roma Lodge, 7130 Spring St. (hwy C), Mt. Pleasant, WI 53406. 9am – 3pm, Raffle, Free parking and Free admission. Contact, Bill Spencer 262-637-7766
Collector’s Challenge: A Challenge to report coins found in change this year. Any coin or token of interest will be listed in the newsletter after reported.
- 1 Peso 1979 Mexico – Coin Star – Glenn J
- 2000 10 centavos from Ecuador – Coin Star – Glenn J
- Silver Quarter 1962-D – in change – Glenn J.