Waukesha Coin Club Newsletter
VOL.LI March 2019 #3
ANA # C-1070749
Our February meeting included reports from the Coin Show committee. Tom reports only one table left and expanded the table layout from last year. Randy reported the banquet hall is reserved (New Berlin Ale House) and extra tables reserved. Sheriff request has been sent. Jack D brought in two display cases. He donated one case to the club, and was hoping to sell the other one for $40.00. If anyone is interested, contact Jack or Randy.
National Coin Week is coming up April 21-27, and that the ANA and various dealers will put one million collectible coins into circulation. Exhibits included: a “Tuesday Special” banknote from the 1st National Bank of Shullsburg, population 1,100, a binder of that F.A.O. coins ( Food; Agriculture Organization of the U.N.) the series was started to raise awareness of food insecurity world-wide. The program ran from 1968 until 2008. A 2019 U.S. $5 gold piece commemorating the fiftieth anniversary of the Apollo 11 moon landing. EC’s from Hawaii commemorating Captain Cook’s third voyage and the death of Captain Cook, a 2019 America the Beautiful Proof Set, a token commemorating the old Merchants’ Exchange Building located on Wall Street in New York City from 1827 through 1835 when it burned down in the Great Fire of New York.
Next meeting, March 6th, will be focused on planning for the Coin Show, March 10th. If you plan to volunteer for the show, please attend the Wednesday meeting.
Raffle tickets on sale! See Tommy H for tickets. He will be at the Wed meeting and at the coin show selling tickets or allocating those that want to sell.
Next Meeting: Wed, March 6th @ 7PM
Refreshments – Ron & Becky
Door Prizes – Dave H
- Our next regular meeting of the Waukesha Coin Club will be held at 7:00 P.M. on Wednesday, March 6th , at the Waukesha Salvation Army meeting room located at 445 Madison Street. The Salvation Army is located one block west of the corner of Highway 18 and Madison Street. Enter through the back door and take the elevator to the second floor.
- Annual Dues!!! – Please pay your annual dues at the next meeting: $15 for member, $7.50 junior member (<18 yrs).
- Coin Show, March 10th, Doors open 9am. Volunteers needed to man front door. 9am-3:30pm
- Guests Welcome: If anyone wants to bring new collectors young or old to the meetings, remember that guests are always welcome!
Trivia: What foreign country had several coins struck by the Philadelphia mint which were struck with the full city name “Philadelphia” not “P” as the mint mark?
Pot Coin: (1) Indianhead Cent Condition: VG or better.
March 3, 2019 – Loves Park, IL
Rockford Area Coin Club show. Forest Hill Lodge, 1601 West Lane Road, Loves Park, IL 61111. 9a – 3p. Ct: Gary Melby 815-977-1962.
March 10, 2019 – New Berlin
Waukesha Coin Club’s 50th annual coin show at the New Berlin Ale House, 16000 W. Cleveland Av., New Berlin, WI. Hours: 9am – 4pm. $1.00 admission, Free Parking, Raffle. Contact: Tom Snyder 262-542-5990, firstname.lastname@example.org, waukeshacoinclub.com
March 14 – 16, 2019 – Rosemot, IL
34th Annual National Currency and Coin Convention, Hilton Rosemont Chicago – O’Hare, 5550 North River Rd. Rosemont, IL 60018 Bourse; Kevin Foley; Kevinsfoley. email@example.com
March 17, 2019 – Waukegan, IL
Lake County Coin Club Show. – Bonnie Brook Golf Course. 2800 North Lewis Av. Waukegan, IL 60087. 9am – 3pm. Free Admission. Lakecountycoinclub-il.com. Lakecountycoinclub@gmail.com.
March 24, 2019 – Madison (Sun Prairie)
Madison Coin Club’s 87th Anniversary Coin Show, at Crowne Plaza Hotel, 4402 East Washington Ave., Madison, WI 53704. Hours: 9-3 p.m. 50 tables. Contact: John Krueger. 211 E. Main St, Sun Prairie, WI 53590, 608-834-4114, firstname.lastname@example.org
March 31, 2019 – Elgin, IL
Elgin Coin Club Spring Coin Show. Holiday Inn, 495 Airport Rd, Elgin, IL 60123 (first light north of I-90 on Rt 31) 8am-3pm, free admission, 50+ tables. Contacts: Bourse Chair: Guy Hultberg 847-804-6362. V.P.ECC Howard Curtis; email@example.com.
March 31, 2019 – Sheboygan
Sheboygan Coin Club’s Spring show. Laker’s Ice Center, 1202 S. Wildwood Av, Sheboygan, WI 53082. 9am – 3:00pm. Free Admission. Contact: Ed Rautmann, PO Box 907, Sheboygan, WI 53081. 920-893-5864. firstname.lastname@example.org
Collector’s Challenge: A Challenge to report coins found in change this year. Any coin or token of interest will be listed in the newsletter after reported.
- 1 Peso 1979 Mexico – Coin Star – Glenn J
- 2000 10 centavos from Ecuador – Coin Star – Glenn J
- Silver Quarter 1962-D – in change – Glenn J.
- 1953-D Lincoln, Coin star, Mark M.
- 1 cent Euro from Spain, Coin Star, Mark M.
- $1 Silver Cert series 1953 G, Arby’s, Mark M
- 1946 Dime (F), Coin star, Glenn J.
- 1964 Quarter (F), Coin Star, Glenn J.